In addition to fixed route service, The Bus offers a curb-to-curb transit service through Paratransit to eligible individuals. Passengers must go through an approval process to utilize this service. Applying for Paratransit is a simple process and only takes a few minutes, if you would like to apply please call 1-877-232-7433 or visit the ADA Ride website to fill out the application. If you are approved you will be notified by mail. Please keep in mind, that this is not taxi service but a shared ride public transportation service where you and others are assigned bus service according to where you want to go. Paratransit service is available in every city and community in Merced County.
• Effective October 1, 2021 the Measure V fare-free program has expanded to allow veterans, seniors and ADA-eligible passengers to ride for free on all services provided by The Bus throughout Merced County. This includes the paratransit and The MicroBus service.
Passengers visiting Merced County can use the Paratransit service as visitors without applying for ADA certification, as long they do not exceed 21 days during a 365 day period.
Paratransit Service Information
Servicio de información de Paratransit
Hours of Operation
Paratransit is open for service between 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Please take time to review our No-Show / Cancellation Policy
For more information about no-shows please contact our Paratransit Manager at (209) 384-3111.
The appeal process is available to any passenger (or passengers advocate) who has received a no-show letter or written Notice of Suspension of Services. The passengers may appeal in writing, in person or via phone.
Merced The Bus
357 W. 18th St.
Merced, CA 95340
An MCAG designated staff will review information provided by the passenger (or the ’s advocate) and make a decision to either uphold the individual no show or to overturn it within ten business days.
If you are having trouble accessing Paratransit service or have concerns with our service, please call The Bus' administration at 209-723-3100.
- The Bus suggests your wheelchair be in good working order.
- Attendants that assist Paratransit passengers are allowed to ride free only if they assist the passenger on and off The Bus and make the same trip as the passenger they are attending.
- Advance reservations of 24 hours or even a week before you need a ride are strongly encouraged. This is especially true if you need a regular ride and return on a daily basis.
- Be clear and direct about where you are and where you want to go when calling for service. Provide the dispatchers with exact street addresses whenever possible. This helps us avoid mistakes on your pick up or your destination.
- The Bus can arrive 5 minutes before or 30 minutes after your promised pick up time.
- Have your fare or pass ready as you board.